Protein shakes for weight loss — how can they help and are they effective?
If you’re currently on a weight loss journey and want to know whether protein shakes can help your progress, you’ve come to the right place.
We got performance nutritionist, Ed Whittaker, to break things down for us in this simple, easy-to-follow video. He gets to the bottom of whether a high-protein diet can help with management, as well as covering how important it is for muscle preservation while you’re cutting down on the calories.
When it comes to weight loss advice, there’s an overwhelming amount of information to trawl through and it can be hard to know what’s a fact and what’s just a fad. We’re serving up the science-backed truth to help you make better decisions and get to those goals.
Still got questions? Let us know in the comments below!
Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MyproteinUK?sub_confirmation=1
Wondering how to take creatine?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLIyA6AlS4&t=38s
Find more nutrition help here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkb17OgnhB-E3HuYJuEacRqMjrokvPxpI
Download the Myprotein App: https://bit.ly/3dhVVUE
#proteinpowder #weightloss #Myprotein #proteinforweightloss
How Effective Are Protein Shakes For Weight Loss? | Nutritionist Explains… | Myprotein
Official YouTube channel for Europe’s No. 1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand, Myprotein.
Stay tuned for brand new videos every single week that help to inspire and motivate you to keep pushing further on your fitness journey. From challenging workouts to evidence-based nutrition videos — we’ve got it all.
1. Atherton PJ, Smith K. Muscle protein synthesis in response to nutrition and exercise. The Journal of
2. Norton LE, Layman DK. Leucine regulates translation initiation of protein synthesis in skeletal muscle
after exercise. The Journal of nutrition. 2006;136(2):533s‐7s.
3. Devries MC, Phillips SM. Supplemental Protein in Support of Muscle Mass and Health: Advantage
Whey. Journal of Food Science. 2015;80(S1):A8‐A15.
4. West DW, Burd NA, Coffey VG, Baker SK, Burke LM, Hawley JA, et al. Rapid aminoacidemia enhances
myofibrillar protein synthesis and anabolic intramuscular signaling responses after resistance exercise. Am J Clin
5. Boirie Y, Dangin M, Gachon P, Vasson MP, Maubois JL, Beaufrère B. Slow and fast dietary proteins
differently modulate postprandial protein accretion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94(26):14930‐5.
6. Katsanos CS, Chinkes DL, Paddon‐Jones D, Zhang XJ, Aarsland A, Wolfe RR. Whey protein ingestion in
elderly persons results in greater muscle protein accrual than ingestion of its constituent essential amino acid
content. Nutr Res. 2008;28(10):651‐8.
7. Buckley JD, Thomson RL, Coates AM, Howe PR, DeNichilo MO, Rowney MK. Supplementation with a
whey protein hydrolysate enhances recovery of muscle force‐generating capacity following eccentric exercise. J
Sci Med Sport. 2010;13(1):178‐81.
8. Tang JE, Moore DR, Kujbida GW, Tarnopolsky MA, Phillips SM. Ingestion of whey hydrolysate, casein,
or soy protein isolate: effects on mixed muscle protein synthesis at rest and following resistance exercise in
young men. Journal of applied physiology (Bethesda, Md : 1985). 2009;107(3):987‐92.
9. Schoenfeld BJ, Aragon AA, Krieger JW. The effect of protein timing on muscle strength and
hypertrophy: a meta‐analysis. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013;10(1):53.
10. Mitchell WK, Phillips BE, Hill I, Greenhaff P, Lund JN, Williams JP, et al. Human skeletal muscle is
refractory to the anabolic effects of leucine during the postprandial muscle‐full period in older men. Clin Sci